The festive glow of Holi is just not solely incomplete with out colours, but in addition candy delicacies! Anybody who loves the standard Holi meals is aware of why Gujiyas are the sweetest factor about this stunning competition. However hey, well being is wealth, proper! You could verify your food plan throughout Christmas or when you nonetheless need to take advantage of it, select more healthy choices of your favourite meals. Right here is one such wholesome baked gujiya recipe which is gluten free and vegan!
Gujiya is a crescent-shaped, candy, fried and sugar-filled dumpling stuffed with nuts, sugar and mawa. The genuine model is laced with chaashni or sugar syrup. Then as individuals grew to become extra weight and physique acutely aware, they moved into baked gujiyas, minus the coating of chaashni. And with extra consciousness about diets and wholesome consuming, we carry you a baked, gluten-free and vegan gujiya recipe!
Richa Bhalla, a passionate baker who experiments with wholesome flours, has shared this particular Holi recipe with HealthShots. “That is my favourite ggujiya recipe with a twist. It is gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, refined oil-free and baked. However it nonetheless tastes at least the unique gujiyas,” says the lady behind Wholesome Bakes by Richa Bhalla.
The thought is to make everybody benefit from the Holi festivities, even when they might be restricted to a gluten-free or vegan food plan as a consequence of well being causes or by selection! So in case you are nonetheless searching for methods to make gujiya at house for Holi, this is assist!
Gluten free, vegan and baked gujiya recipe
Cooks, please word that this gujiya recipe serves 12-14! Now put in your grasp chef hat and get began with these baked gujiyas. Additionally, listed here are some the reason why you could select baked over fried gujiyas!
Substances for gujiya dough
Urad Dal Flour: 1/2 cup
Rice flour: 1/2 cup
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
Olive oil: 4 tsp
Water: 1/2 cup
Substances for Mawa filling for gujiya
Coconut milk powder: 1/2 cup
Coconut milk: 1/4 cup
Melon seeds: 2 tbsp
Poppy seeds: 2 tbsp
Raisins: 2 tbsp
Desiccated coconut: 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder: 1 tbsp
Khandsari sugar: 1/2 cup (Is khand higher than sugar for weight reduction?)
Substances for Jaggery caramel
Jaggery powder: 3 tbsp
Water: 2 tbsp
* Add urad dal flour, rice flour, baking powder, salt, olive oil and boiling water in a bowl.
* Combine every part and stir with a spoon. Cowl the combination and let it relaxation for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, put together the Mawa filling! Here is how.
* Dry roast melon seeds and poppy seeds in a pan for 4-5 minutes. Take away the seed combination and let it cool.
* Add coconut milk powder and coconut milk (room temperature) in a saucepan, combine with out turning on the flame. As soon as it’s properly combined, activate the gasoline and begin roasting on low flame till it comes collectively.
* Take the Mawa out on a plate and let it cool for 5-7 minutes. After that, add roasted melon seeds, poppy seeds, desiccated coconut, cardamom powder and khandsari sugar and blend properly.
Recipe for baked gujiya
1. Knead the rested dough for 3-4 minutes till it comes collectively. Add a bit lukewarm water and olive oil if wanted to get a pleasant agency dough that’s neither too smooth nor too onerous.
2. Now take a ball of dough the scale of a lemon.
3. Roll out a poori with rice flour
4. Place the poori in a gujiya machine and fill it with about 2 teaspoons of Mawa combination. Make gujiyas in an analogous manner.
5. When all of the gujiyas are prepared, put the gujiyas in a greased baking tray and bake it in a preheated oven for quarter-hour at 180 levels Celsius, or till you get the specified colour.
6. Be sure you do not overbake it as it will likely be too crispy.
7. Bake till you get the smooth, however cooked outer layer.
8. Now put jaggery powder and water in a pan in a pan and simmer the liquid for 4-5 minutes or till it will get a bit thick.
9. When the jaggery caramel is prepared, brush it on the gujiyas and sprinkle some powdered pistachio on the nook of the gujiyas to embellish!
Do not miss the sweetness of Holi or some other competition!