Earlier than Holi arrives, you may solely hear individuals speaking in regards to the pageant of colours. Many individuals anticipate Holi in order that they’ll play with colours. However as soon as the pageant is over, some complain of dry or itchy pores and skin or eye irritation. Some even find yourself with pores and skin allergy symptoms after enjoying with Holi colours. Not everybody faces these pores and skin issues, however it’s at all times higher to take precautions. Does that imply you should not play Holi in any respect? Clearly not! Simply change artificial Holi colours with pure ones. It seems that pure colours are good to your pores and skin.
HealthShots related with Mumbai-based Ayurveda professional Dr Lakshmi Varma Okay and Dr Shyam Pandit, Dermatologist, Allied Docs Home, Maharashtra, to know why we must always play Holi with pure colors.
In accordance with Dr. Pandit, pure colours are secure and are extensively utilized by individuals to keep away from allergy symptoms and infections throughout Holi. Pure colours might be constructed from:
The explanation why pure colours are good for the pores and skin
In comparison with artificial colours, pure colours are good for the pores and skin. Listed here are among the the reason why it’s best to go pure throughout Holi 2023!
1. Pure colours aren’t dangerous to the pores and skin
Artificial and chemical-rich Holi colours can’t solely make your pores and skin dry, but additionally invite acute nail fold irritation, chafing, discoloration and eczema. Pure colours, however, aren’t dangerous and secure to make use of. Some components like turmeric might even be helpful to your pores and skin, says Dr. Varma.
2. No eye issues with pure colours
Chemical-laden Holi colours trigger eye irritation, redness, swelling and itching, says Dr Pandit. Pure colours aren’t harmful to your eyes. It doesn’t trigger chemical injury to the eyes, so shield your eyes from Holi colours by going pure.
3. Pure colours are straightforward to scrub
Pure colours come off simply they usually do not penetrate deep into the pores and skin, not like chemically loaded colours that require lots of oil and cleansing merchandise.
4. Pure colours are environmentally pleasant
Artificial colours are recognized to have a adverse influence on the surroundings and animals. In accordance with Dr. Pandit, the chemical substances in them are a menace to the surroundings and trigger decay of crops. Holi colours are additionally harmful on the subject of pets.
5. Pure colours are straightforward to make
You may also make pure dyes at house. You solely want pure components like calendula, beetroot, neem, spinach, turmeric and orange peel powder. All you need to do is get components of comparable shade and grind them collectively.
Learn additionally: Here is how I plan to make natural Holi colours at house
Tricks to shield your pores and skin throughout Holi
Even when you make your personal colours at house, there shall be some that include artificial colours. Simply comply with skincare ideas earlier than and after Holi in order that your pores and skin doesn’t must face many issues later.
Here is How To Put together Your Pores and skin For Holi Colours!
• Apply an oil or moisturizer to your hair and face earlier than enjoying Holi in order that the colours don’t penetrate the pores and skin and are available off simply. Smearing coconut oil in your fingers, toes and face earlier than Holi can add a protecting layer to your pores and skin, says Dr Varma.
• Attempt to put on full-sleeved garments in order that the colours don’t stay on the physique for a very long time.
• Put on glasses to cowl your eyes whereas enjoying Holi as a way to stop eye allergy symptoms.
• When you really feel any irritation in your pores and skin or eyes after enjoying Holi, instantly wash off the colours and see a physician.