Holi competition is all the time stuffed with pleasure and pleasure. Nevertheless, essentially the most particular factor about this competition is the number of delicacies ready at dwelling. You may need to gobble up something candy, particularly gujiya, however you may have to withstand your cravings as a result of the sugar stage and the frying process used to arrange sweets can hurt your total well being. What if we inform you there was a wholesome method to make gujiya? Enter the baked gujiya methodology! We now have an knowledgeable clarify why a baked gujiya will be higher than fried gujiya if well being is at its peak.
HealthShots reached out to Karishma Chawla, a Mumbai-based nutritionist and life-style educator, to grasp why baked gujiya is a more healthy method to put together gujiya at dwelling.
Baked gujiya vs deep fried gujiya
Baked gujiya is a manner of baking gujiyas relatively than frying them. Though frying provides the true style of gujiya, go for baked gujiyas this Holi for well being causes. Deep-fried gujiya is excessive in energy and might trigger weight acquire.
Chawla additionally says, “The baked model of getting ready gujiya is undoubtedly more healthy and higher as there is no such thing as a frying and subsequently no carcinogenic or getting old impact and no fats acquire.”
Learn additionally: This Holi, quench your thirst with this wholesome paan thandai recipe
As a substitute of frying the gujiyas, bake them to offer a wholesome twist. You can even select a wholesome filling product of dry fruit or suji. This methodology may help with digestion, stop weight acquire, and maintain your blood sugar in test. Relating to style, baked gujiyas all the time style higher than fried ones. So you’ll be able to get pleasure from your favourite dessert guilt-free.
How one can make baked gujiya?
Right here you will see a method to put together crispy and wholesome baked gujiya:
1 cup entire wheat flour
1 tbsp ghee + for greasing
1 cup grated khoya
1 tablespoon sugar-free powder
¼ tsp inexperienced cardamom powder
¼ cup contemporary scraped coconut
4-6 almonds, blanched and sliced
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
10-12 finely chopped cashews
1 tablespoon raisins
3-4 dates, cored and chopped
1 tbsp muskmelon seeds
Water to make the dough
Put together the dough first:
Take the wheat flour in a big bowl, add two tablespoons of ghee and knead the dough with lukewarm water. Ghee will make your gujiya crispy. Now set the dough apart for 25-Half-hour.
Put together the filling for the gujiya:
1. Take a non-stick pan, add khoya and blend till it melts.
2. When the khoyan has melted and turned golden, add the dates and warmth till they soften barely.
3. Now add coconut and cardamom powder and blend properly for a minute.
4. Take away the pan from the warmth and switch it to a plate. As soon as it has cooled barely, add powdered sugar, almonds, walnuts, raisins, cashews and muskmelon seeds.
Learn additionally: Listed here are 7 fancy Holi recipes to not let diabetes trigger ‘rang mein bhang’!
Put together the gujiyas now:
1. Warmth the oven to 180°C and now kind a small ball of dough right into a puri-sized chapati. This shall be gujiya’s cowl.
2. Place the chapati within the gujiya mildew. Fill the middle with a tablespoon of the filling.
3. Dip your finger in water, apply it to the perimeters of the rounds, fold it right into a moon form, press the perimeters to seal and twist to make a gujiya sample. Take away any extra wrapping.
1. After making all of the gujiyas, place all of them on a baking tray lined with the dry paper and brush some ghee on prime.
2. Bake the sheet in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Take away from the oven and let it cool barely.
3. Retailer in an hermetic container and revel in them with chilly drinks or sizzling tea!
Some suggestions to remember whereas getting ready gujiya to make it wholesome:
1. Ensure you use a non-fried methodology to arrange gujiya, such because the baking methodology.
2. Select pure sweeteners as an alternative of processed sugar, which might have an effect on your blood sugar ranges and trigger different well being issues.
3. Add wholesome nuts and seeds to your gujiya to make it more healthy.
4. Though gujiya is made with maida, utilizing a deep-fried methodology, you can also make it more healthy by omitting maida and substituting a gluten-free grain like Jowar.
5. Gujiya will be saved in hermetic jars for a couple of weeks, relying on the filling you select. Gujiya, for instance, will keep contemporary for about 3-4 days as a result of it incorporates mawa. Nonetheless, in case you make the stuffing with rava/semolina it will get longer shelf life.
So get pleasure from gujiyas guilt free and keep wholesome!